Thursday, September 18, 2014

Project Update September 18, 2014

Recently I have noticed that my project isn't lining up with my original outline and I am way behind on due dates. I have come to terms with the fact that I probably won't be able to complete a walk cycle by October 1st, but I am planning on at least rigging my character.

So far I have completed modeling the body and I am currently working on the head. The head has proven to be much more of a challenge compared to the body. It is a bit strange right now and I believe it will take a few more hours of work, but I am planning on having it done by next week.
After I complete the head I believe everything else will go much more smoothly. Clothing shouldn't be too much of a challenge, I am planning on that taking about two hours and texturing will only take me around 30 minutes. I will then dedicate the rest of my time to rigging my character and rendering out whatever I have done.
From this experience, even though it has been quite short, I have learned that I probably should plan for projects taking much longer than I initially expect and to not over work myself. I believe I will be able to catch up, but for now I will abandon my plan to have the character walk until I get farther on the character.

No comments:

Post a Comment